I love Trader J’s.
We don’t often go because there is only one in the entire city and I usually stick to my local organic market, but we went last Saturday and I was in heaven. If you are strapped for cash and generally want to save money while still eating organic, go to Trader Joe’s! We got a ton of stuff, including wine and food for guests for $100. If I had stuck to my grocery list, I would’ve spent even less than that.
How does this have anything to do with shrimp? I was walking through the frozen section and spotted some really affordable and WILD shrimp. I never buy farmed, so I immediately threw it in my cart.
That’s how this baby was born.
- 1 cup of shrimp
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, diced with the seeds
- Melt the butter over medium to medium high heat.
- Add the shrimp and sauté on one side for about two minutes.
- Add the garlic, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Flip the shrimp and cook for one or two more minutes.
- Serve with salad, white rice, sautéed veggies, whatever you like.
PS – I only ate about half of this and saved the rest for my lunch the next day in a salad. Always make more and then repurpose leftovers!