I get really bored of eating eggs. So I have to be creative with them because there really isn’t anything better for breakfast. Eggs are incredibly nutrient dense and full of vitamins A, E, D and K, omega-3s and choline. Salmon tastes awesome and is also a rich source of omega-3s. I probably should’ve called this “anti-inflammatory breakfast salad” because that’s what it is.
This is also a really easy breakfast to throw together, but it seems kind of fancy. It isn’t. And don’t be intimidated by poaching eggs. If you don’t know how to do it, watch this YouTube tutorial. Or just fry the egg!
- 1-2 cups mixed greens, tossed in your favorite olive oil based dressing (no vegetable oils!)
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon
- 1-2 poached eggs
- Layer the mixed greens, then tomato slices, then top with avocado slices.
- Place the smoked salmon around the dish.
- Top with a poached egg or two.
- Sprinkle with salt and paprika.