When I was a kid, my parents would order pizza with mushrooms. Always. They didn’t care that I hated mushrooms, I had to pick them off. I guess I don’t blame them. Mushrooms are delicious. It’s one of those foods that I absolutely loathed as a kid. I thought they tasted awful and were slimy. Now I can’t get enough and I get mad if they skimp on the ‘shrooms when I order a (gluten-free) pizza.
I also love ranch dressing (seriously, who doesn’t). Except, most ranch dressing ingredients look like this:
Yeah, not something I’m willing to eat. So I had to come up with an alternative to ranch mushrooms, because most recipes call for adding ranch dressing to mushrooms and that wasn’t happening. So here is my recipe for organic ranch mushrooms.
- 10 oz mushrooms (the usual size container they’re sold in)
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil (I use this unflavored coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup bone broth (recipe here or you can buy this brand)
- 2 tbsp organic ranch seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the mushrooms into quarters.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add the ‘shrooms and let them get a bit golden.
- Add the bone broth and ranch, let them absorb it.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.