This mask is one of the reasons I still have hair. Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic. But it IS one of the reasons I still have long, healthy hair. No matter whether I use heat tools or not, my hair, especially my ends, tends to get really dry. I once went four months without using heat tools, it didn’t make a difference. Now I use them once or twice a week and my hair is still doing really well. In fact, it’s been growing really quickly.
The trick to using this hair mask.
To maintain healthy hair, I only wash twice a week. If you wash more, that’s fine. Here’s the trick to using this diy hydrating hair mask – the night before you’re going to wash your hair, use this hair mask. Every. Single. Time. Why wouldn’t you? It’s deeply conditioning, it’s easy to throw together and keep in the fridge, and it takes all of three minutes to apply.
I do this literally every single time I was my hair. I usually wash on Sundays and Thursdays, so Saturday and Wednesday nights I’ll apply this, tie my hair up in a knot on the top of my head using an alligator clip and sleep in it. Then just shampoo and condition as normal in the morning.
Your hair will be the softest and shiniest it’s ever been. And after a couple weeks of doing this, you’ll notice that your hair is looking amazing. Healthy, with less split ends and fly aways..
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil (this is totally optional but helps with moisture and smells amazing)
- Combine each oil in a small bowl.
- Smush (technical term) together until combined.
- Apply to middle to ends of hair, I like to use a brush to comb through and coat each strand of hair.
- Wash out in the AM.
- You can double or triple this recipe and store in the fridge to use when you want.