Cod, along with rockfish (the state fish of Maryland) are my favorite white fishes. They are mild, tender and not overly fishy. Although I do love fishy-fish, most people don’t. My husband is one of those people. He hates fish that taste too fish, so cod has been an awesome option for him.
The other great thing about cod is that it’s so versatile. Because it’s so mild, its flavors blend well with basically whatever the hell you want to make. And I had a bunch of arugula, tomato and onion from the farmers market, so this worked out perfectly.
Also, I’ve been on a huge arugula kick lately. I used to HATE arugula. I thought it was really bitter and gross. Now I just love it. I read about the benefits of arugula, and it tuns out that it supposedly boost libido. I have to admit – I think that is totally legit (TMI? don’t care). This is an easy dinner that’s grain-free, gluten-free and paleo if you’re into that sort of thing.
- 1 lb cod
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 2 cups of arugula, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium high heat.
- Add the tomato, arugula, onion and sauté until tender. Then add the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the other tbsp of butter.
- Sauté the cod on either side for about two minutes.
- Serve on top of your veggie sauté.