I’m not a huge chocolate fan, which I know is nuts but chocolate just doesn’t really do it for me. I much prefer vanilla, and I love vanilla with caramel.
These make great candies and are the perfect lil’ treat.
- 2 cups cashews (I buy THIS brand)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (I buy THIS brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (I buy expeller pressed, it has no coconut flavor)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (I buy THIS brand)
- Soak the cashews overnight in filtered water.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a blender with all of the other ingredients. You will need a strong blender for this, like a Vitamix.
- Pour the mixture equally into 8 cupcake tins.
- Add to the fridge and make the caramel while it hardens.
- Add the caramel and let it cool in the fridge for at least an hour. Add Himalayan salt!
Caramel recipe HERE.