I’m a fan of detoxing. I love it. While a lot of people consider it unnecessary if you’re eating a healthy diet…they’re not right. Our bodies are constantly bombarded with toxins in a way that they never have been in human history. We are exposed to pollution, toxic chemicals, heavy metals, GMOs, radiation and a ton of other junk. In this day and age (my grandmother says that) it’s necessary to detox. Here are five easy ways to detox your body.
1. Get rid of the toxins in your makeup and body products. These are often the biggest source of toxins in our lives. Makeup and body products are full of carcinogens, endocrine disruptors, paragons, sulfates, etc.
2. Juicing! People either love juicing or generally thing it’s unnecessary. I am in the camp that loves it, but let’s be clear about something: juice does not a meal make! By no means is juice a suitable replacement for real food. Juicing is amazing for detoxing. Fresh pressed veggie juice flushes toxins out of the system, purifies the blood and cleanses the liver. This is my favorite juicer.
3. Lemon water. Lemon water purifies the blood and cleanses the liver and kidneys. Regularly stimulating the liver and making sure it is not full of toxins strengthens the immune system and prevents diseases.
4. Autophogy. According to Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride, the body cleanses and detoxes from about 4am to 10am. I do not eat during this time. After about 16 hours of fasting, the body is no longer focused on digesting food and has focused its energy on cleaning up pathogens, bacteria, viruses, etc. From Dr. Paul Jaminet,
Autophagy is the garbage collection and recycling process of human cells. When resources are scarce, cells turn on recycling programs and send garbage collectors known as lysosomes to engulf and digest junk proteins and damaged organelles, enabling re-use of their amino and fatty acids. Autophagy is a key part of the immune defense against parasitic bacteria. Lysosomes not only digest human junk, they seek out bacteria and digest them.
5. What isn’t coconut oil good for? Coconut oil is anti viral, anti bacterial and anti fungal. It kills and removes toxins as well as balancing the environment of the gastrointestinal tract. It kills yeast, strengthens the immune system and can literally cure viruses (herpes, HIV, AIDS, etc.).
On June 3rd I’m launching Ditch The Diet, an eight week nutrition and wellness program. In it I cover an entire eight weeks of detox remedies, supplements and various ways to remove toxins from the body. I’m so excited, it’s going to be an amazing program. If you’re interested, sign up for email updates below! You’ll also receive my free Primal Desserts eBook.