Most people do green smoothies completely wrong. They add a shit ton of fruit and little to no fat. This does two things:
1 – Spike your blood sugar.
2 – Ensures you won’t absorb any of the fat soluble vitamins that may be present – A, E, D and K.
A lot of people also use smoothies as replacements for meals. For majority of people, I do not recommend this! Smoothies make a good snack, they’re a good option if you need to add more nutrition to your diet, or in my case, they’re sometimes a good option when I’m sort of hungry in the mornings but not really.
Your smoothie should be loaded with healthy veggies (this is a green smoothie after all) but it also need to have fat. Fat will help you absorb the fat soluble vitamins but fat is also incredibly nutrient dense. Avocado and egg yolks are my two faves. Don’t fear fat, dummies.
The Healthiest, Most Detoxifying Green Smoothie Ingredients (for two):
- 1 banana
- 2 scoops TerraGreens (order HERE)
- 1 tsp bentonite clay ( I use THIS bentonite clay, find out the detoxifying benefits HERE)
- 2 drops lemon oil (buy lemon oil HERE)
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp gelatin (I use THIS gelatin)
- 3 cups water, raw milk or coconut milk (I use THIS coconut milk)
- optional: handful of spinach and/or other greens
- also optional: eggs yolks – they’re incredibly nutrient dense
Blend in a Vitamix.