Listen, I know everyone loves to love. But I’ll be honest.
I don’t like kale.
The only way I could stomach kale was in my juices, covered up with a lot of carrots and lemon. Scott doesn’t even like kale (and refers to it as lizard foreskin…appetizing, right?).
But I should actually say I never liked kale until last night, when I added bacon and garlic and jalapenos to it.
I actually bought a giant bag or organic mixed greens that consisted of kale, collard and turnip greens from Trader Joe’s. The bag was surprisingly cheap, and now I plan on getting it during every trip to Trader J’s.
2 pieces of pastured bacon, chopped
- 2 cups of mixed greens, roughly chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- First, sautee the bacon for about a minute.
- Next add the greens. If your bacon doesn’t give off enough fat, you can add a little butter.
- After the greens have started to wilt, add the garlic and jalapeno, give it a toss.