I first has lettuce wraps at PF Chang’s a few years ago. Those things are money, they’re so delicious. So I decided to just make my own chicken wraps (much healthier, no sketchy ingredients). This is actually a recipe from Ditch The Diet. It’s super simple, really delicious and refreshing with the crunchy romaine I got from the farmers market. It’s kind of like a salad, but not in the form of a salad. So I dig it.
- 1/2 lb chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha, plus more for drizzling overtop
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter (I mixed both)
- Melt the coconut oil/butter over medium high heat. Add the onions and sautee.
- Then add the chopped chicken and sautee.
- Add the tamari/soy sauce, fish sauce and sriracha, let it thicken a bit.
- Add the garlic and toss.
- Serve in lettuce wraps.
- Drizzle sriracha over top if you like things super spicy like I do.