I am a huge fan of raw treats. Raw taco wraps? I love ’em. Beef jerkey made in my dehydrator? Amazing. Raw desserts? ARE THE BOMB. Unfortunately, a lot of store bought raw desserts contain agave nectar and are super expensive. If you have a good blender, raw desserts are actually really easy to make at home. Summertime is the perfect time of year to make this dessert. Berries are juicy, fresh and in-season. I even got these at my local farmers market.
- 3 cups cashews (soaked for at least one hour)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2-2/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water (you may need to thin this out a bit)
- Combine the almond flour and dates in a food processor until a dough forms. Press the dough into a 9 inch springform pan.
- Blend the cashews, berries, lemon juice, coconut oil, honey and vanilla on high. I use a Vitamix because it pulverizes the tiny seeds in the berries.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the cheesecake it firmly set.