I am a huge fan of simple, easy dinners that taste good and don’t involve using sub par ingredients to cut corners. You really don’t need to be an experienced cook or buy expensive, fancy ingredients to make healthy, delicious meals. Prosciutto was on sale at my local organic market so I picked some up over the weekend.
Last night I decided that I really wanted to take a bath around 6 o’clock. We usually eat dinner around 7, so I had to come up with something that I could just set and forget. I chopped some veggies, tossed them in herbs and olive oil, wrapped two chicken thighs in prosciutto and popped it all in the oven. It took me about 5 minutes. How easy is that?!
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 long slices of prosciutto
- 2 small purple potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of oregano
- drizzle of expeller pressed coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- After you chop all of the veggies, toss with a drizzle of the coconut oil and sprinkle on some oregano.
- Wrap each thigh in the prosciutto and place on top of the veggies.
- Bake for an hour.