Risotto is such a rich, decadent food. I mean, super creamy rice – what’s not to love? Well, I don’t love eating a giant bowl of rice. Don’t get me wrong, I eat white rice from time to time, especially if I’ve worked out that day. But a healthier option is definitely subbing cauliflower for the rice. And it actually tastes pretty amazing.
Paleo Leek, Mushroom and Grape Tomato Risotto
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced (using food processor or grater)
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup raw & grass-fed cream or coconut cream (the thick part at the top)
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter over medium to medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté.
- Add the leeks.
- Once the leeks have softened, add the tomatoes.
- Then add the cauliflower rice. Let it cook until tender but not mushy.
- Add the cream.