There’s a Greek restaurant that Scott and I regularly go to. I would go all the time if he agreed to it. It’s so good. They have authentic Greek food and olive oil on the table that’s damn near green. There hasn’t been one thing on the menu I disliked and they serve Greek green beans with almost every entree.
They aren’t like any green beans I’ve ever had before and they’re so, so good. Stewed, soft, dill-y and delicious.
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes (like these)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp oregano
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a big pot.
- Toss in the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic and stir.
- Add the beans and can of tomatoes.
- Add the herbs and toss together.
- Turn heat to low and cover.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, or until beans are completely soft.