Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets?! Especially if you’re a kid. They’re the perfect snack and they’re so easy to make. Unfortunately, a lot of people just pop some Tyson chicken nuggets into the oven and call it a day. I mean, their commercials say it’s healthy, so it is right? Wrong.
Tyson chicken nuggets come from birds fed GMOs. And the ingredients aren’t so stellar either.
Chicken, water, salt, and natural flavor. BREADED WITH: Wheat flour, water, wheat starch, white whole wheat flour, salt, contains 2% or less of the following: yellow corn flour, corn starch, dried onion, dried garlic, dried yeast, brown sugar, extractives of paprika, and spices. Breading set in vegetable oil.
Gluten, vegetable oil and GMOs galore.
Lucky for you my chicken nuggets are super easy to make and only take a few minutes.
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (I buy THIS brand)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (I buy THIS brand, it has no coconut flavor)
- optional: garlic powder, paprika
- Beat 1 egg and set aside.
- Pour your coconut flour over a dinner plate, add salt and any garlic and paprika, if using.
- Melt the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in egg, then the flour, and then fry them in the oil.