I’ve really been craving blueberries lately. I got a bunch of bags of frozen bags of organic blueberries at Trader Joe’s and they’re surprisingly delicious. If I’m craving them, I automatically assume that means my body needs some specific nutrient found in blueberries. And who am I to deny what my body needs?
So I made paleo blueberry bread pudding.
I settled on bread pudding because I wanted something kind of cake-y and kind of bread-y. And because I suck at baking – it’s pretty difficult to f*ck up bread pudding. I mean, it’s just a blob of sweet, gooey bread.
I topped mine with raw goat milk but you can use whatever you like. Ice cream would be awesome.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the egg, almond and tapioca flours, coconut sugar, vanilla and yogurt.
- Make sure it’s mixed well and not lumpy.
- Add the blueberries and incorporate.
- Pour into a lined baking dish (I used a bread/meatloaf pan).
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until set in the center.