I looove BLTs. I also love mayo. I know some people hate mayo, and I tend to agree when it’s that gross mayo made with GMO vegetable oils. But homemade mayo is where it’s at. It’s got all that creaminess and is rich in fat soluble vitamins (A, E, D and K – plus choline which is great if you’re preggo).
I can’t take credit for making the wrap, but since I bought (eight packages) of them, I’ve fallen in love. They’re made with super healthy ingredients (click the link below to see) and don’t fall apart like other paleo wraps I’ve tried.
Paleo BLT Wraps
- 1 Pure wrap (found HERE)
- 1 tbsp homemade mayo (blend two eggs yolks in a Vitamix or food processor with 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, drizzle in one cup of avocado oil very slowly)
- 1-2 pieces of pastured bacon
- 3 tomato slices (small)
- iceberg lettuce
- Make the mayo. It’s actually incredibly easy and then you can use it for future meals as well. It helps if you use room temperature eggs.
- Cook the bacon and drain.
- Lay out the wrap, add about a tbsp of mayo.
- Layer the lettuce, bacon then tomato.