Truth be told, I’ve never been a huge fan of biscuits. I kind feel like there are two people: people from the South who grew up eating sausage gravy over biscuits, and people from the North who grew up eating cream chipped ham over toast. I fall into the latter category. Except when I went on my best friend’s family’s vacation to Myrtle Beach every year when I was a kid. Then I was all over some sausage gravy and biscuits.
Truth be told again, these aren’t those large, fluffy, white biscuits you find in the south. These are crumbly, buttery and delicious. They go great with soup, which is what we’ve been eating them with. I also disovered that they’re PERFECT for breakfast sandwiches. Throw a fried egg, some bacon or sausage, maybe even some grass-fed and raw cheese (if you eat dairy) on these suckers and you’ve got an awesome breakfast.
Tip: they harden a bit after sitting in the fridge. This makes them better for sandwiches, but not as flaky for dipping into soup.
Paleo Biscuits Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour (THIS is the best brand to use for this recipe)
- 1 cup tapioca flour (I used THIS brand)
- 1/2 a stick of cold butter (grass-fed preferably, like THIS brand)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking powder (I used THIS brand which is aluminum free)
- 1/4 tsp salt (I used THIS brand)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (I have THIS one).
- Let it form a dough, it may be slightly wetter than traditional dough.
- Form into six biscuits.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.