I’ve been getting fancier with my breakfasts. Mostly because I’ve been getting bored with dippy/scrambled eggs.
What I like about this recipe is that it’s actually easier than scrambled eggs (which you have to cook low and slow to actually make the taste good, rubbery eggs are gross). I quickly chopped some mushrooms and arugula, sautéed them, poured in the eggs, topped with goat cheese and baked. I didn’t have to keep my eye on it or stand by the stove to make sure the eggs didn’t overcook.
Just throw this sucker in the oven and let it to its thing. And it tastes awesome. Not to mention that between the mushrooms and arugula, this dish is packed with antioxidants. Plus eggs are amazing for you.
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (almond, coconut, raw)
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter
- 4 large mushrooms, chopped
- arugula, chopped
- 1/4 cup of goat cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Beat the eggs and milk and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Then the arugula and let it wilt.
- Add the eggs.
- Crumble the goat cheese over it.
- Bake for 15 minutes.