“THE LOAF, MA!” Is what Scott kept screaming around the apartment last night as I was making this. That man doesn’t even eat meat (which is a story for another time, and sort of the bane of my existence). Lately I’ve been on a huge bison kick. I have had absolutely no desire for beef. I take this to mean my body intuitively knows I need something from bison so it’s turned off my taste for beef for the time being. And I trust my body’s intuition, so I made some bison meatloaf. To up the nutritional value, I added beef liver. And it was freaking awesome.
Mini Meatloaf with Liver
- 1/2 ground beef or bison
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup beef or chicken liver
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 onion
1/4 green pepper
1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- Process or chop the liver into bits.
Dice the onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Add all ingredients together.
- Put into 4 ramekins, or a regular meatloaf dish.
- Top with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.