This has quickly become my favorite post-workout meal. It’s full of healthy fats, probiotics, protein, veggies and glucose. Kimchi is fermented cabbage and spices and it’s the national dish of Korea. Some Korean homes even have a separate fridge just to store kimchi. I learned that on House Hunters International.
It’s quick and easy to prepare after a workout too. At the beginning of each week I make a batch of white rice (you can read about why I eat white rice here) so this really only takes a few minutes to throw together.
Kimchi Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/2 cup kimchi (Buy kimchi HERE)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (THIS coconut oil has no coconut taste)
- 2 eggs
- optional: green onion
- Sautee the onion in 1 tbsp of fat.
- Once it’s soft, add the garlic, kimchi and rice.
- Cook until warm.
- Serve with two fried eggs.
- Top with chopped green onion, if using.
Super easy, so delicious and perfect after a workout.