Watermelon is my favorite summertime fruit. It just screams summer to me and makes me happy. Which is good because watermelon is also super healthy.
- it’s high in lycopene which prevents cancer and cardiovascular disease
- rich in antioxidants
- high in vitamin C
- helps quell inflammation in the body
- it’s hydrating, full of water and electrolytes
- it’s a good source of potassium
Combine that with the enzymes and probiotics in kombucha, and you’ve got yourself a healthy cocktail. No added sugar, sketchy drink mixes or high fructose corn syrup necessary. Plus – it’ll help prevent a hangover. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup watermelon
- 1/2 cup kombucha (I used GT’s Synergy brand, you can make your own or buy kombucha HERE)
- 1 shot of tequila
Combine all ingredients in a blender and serve over ice. So simply, easy and delicious.