I’m getting married in nine days.
I’m incredibly excited, but also incredibly nervous. I’ve really enjoyed being engaged and planning the wedding. I want everything to go perfectly. I want to feel good. I want clear skin. I want to avoid getting a cold sore (which happens when I’m stressed!). I want my hair to look awesome. Like every bride, we just want what we want, how we want it, and when we want it. And it’s totally okay to want these things for yourself, you deserve it!
So here are my top 20 tips to keeping your body healthy, your mind healthy, your skin clear, your hair hydrated and just making sure that you’re prepared for your big day and the honeymoon.
- Eat well. No stupid diets or juice fasts. EAT. GOOD. FOOD. This includes pastured meat and butter, wild seafood, fermented foods, raw and veggies, low-sugar fruits like berries, bone broth, some nuts and healthy fats from butter, coconut oil, avocados, olive oil, etc.
- Drink water. Lots of it. Not too much, but make sure you’re hydrated.
- Drink this skin detox tea with gelatin. This will keep your skin clear, help you detox and the gelatin will reduce cellulite, tone skin and firm up wrinkles.
- Exercise! I love yoga.
- Chill out. Stress isn’t good for anyone. I know it’s hard to chill and you’re probably really nervous, but take a bath, read a book, or drink some Stress Relief tea.
- Take regular detox baths. I use one cup of this clay and one cup of this salt.
- Weekly face masks. More often if you have troubled skin. I’m doing once a week clay masks, and 3x a week egg white masks.
- Get 8 hours of sleep every night! Sleep is crucial. I use doTERRA’s Serenity oil on the bottom of my feet each night along with magnesium. This will seriously knock your ass out (in a good way).
- Moisturize! I use a blend of tamanu, melaleuca, frankincense and lavender.
- Body brush. Dry body brushing stimulates the lymphatic system and removes toxins. It also removes dead skin cells and reduces cellulite. I use THIS body brush.
- Safely whiten teeth with charcoal. Yep! Just apply it to your teeth. You can buy the correct charcoal to whiten teeth HERE.
- Weekly hair masks – I do these once or twice a week. I add coconut or olive oil to my hair, sleep in it overnight and wash it out in the morning.
- 10 days of GX Assist. GX is a blend of extremely potent essential oils that cleanse and detoxify the digestive tract. This will help you detox before your wedding.
- Probiotics are necessary. They prevent and improve anxiety, promote a healthy immune system and are basically necessary for thousands of functions in the body.
- Zendocrine Detox Complex cleanses the lungs, kidney, colon, liver and skin. It gets rid of old, toxic gunk in your system and will keep your energy up while clearing your skin.
- Take care of your hair. This means stop using toxic, crappy shampoo. Not only are majority of shampoos full of chemicals (yes, even the “organic” brands), they’re also really bad for your hair and scalp. If you want perfect hair – I’m talking a healthy scalp, strong, shiny hair, volume, hydrated but not greasy, you need to check out Morrocco Method’s products. I use Sea Essence and Pine Shale shampoo, along with Euro Oil and Diamond Crystal Mist. My hair has never been healthier. Find Euro Oil and other products HERE.
- If you have problems with weight, overeating, cravings or emotional eating, there are great essential oils that can help a ton. Find out more about essential oils here or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine which would be best for you.
- Make time for yourself. The time before your wedding (especially the last two weeks) can be the most stressful. Go to happy hour with your friends, get a massage, do something to relax and feel good.
- Spend time with your boo! My wedding is next weekend and I feel like I’ve been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Don’t lose sight of why you’re getting married in the first place and the awesome life you’re creating for yourself. Focus on being happy, spending time with your significant other and spending the last bit of time before you’re married actually HAVING FUN!