- 1 bunch of basil leaves
- 1.5 cups of olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend until smooth.
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 3-4 tomatoes depending on size, sliced
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Marinate the sliced tomato and eggplant for at least one hour.
- Slice the mozzarella.
- Heat up an outdoor grill, or a stovetop grill to medium heat.
- Grill the eggplant until soft and has pretty grill marks.
- Grill the tomato on either side for about two minutes.
- Stack the eggplant, then the mozzarella, then the tomato.
- If you like, top with olive oil.