- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut flour
- Spices (I used garlic and paprika)
- 1 pint sized container of grass-fed ricotta
- Several tablespoon of fat of choice (I used lard from the farm)
- Two tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Several leaves of basil
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- Avocado, optional
- Peel the eggplant and slice into rounds.
- In two separate bowls, mix the eggs and then the coconut and almond flours and spices in another.
- Make your bruschetta, diced the tomatoes, chop the garlic and basil. Add salt and pepper and olive oil, and let it sit.
- Heat at least two tablespoons of fat over medium high heat.
- Dip the eggplant into the eggs, then the flours, then fry on either side until golden brown.
- Once all of them are fried, top with the ricotta and the bruschetta, and if you want (or if you run out of bruschetta, like in my case) top with sliced avocado.