Stuffing is probably my favorite side on Thanksgiving. Here is my gluten-free recipe, no one I’ve served it to has had any idea it’s not full of wheaty-death.
- 1 lb gluten-free bread (I don’t eat a ton of gf bread, but not is the perfect time to bust it out! I like this one) cut into cubes
- 6 tbsp butter, plus more for the top of the stuffing
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute (optional, but I love it)
- 2-3 cups chicken or turkey stock, preferably homemade
- salt and pepper
- Sauté the onionsand celery in butter.
- When it’s completely soft and the onions are translucent, add the garlic and sage and remove from heat. Add the 21 Seasoning Salute, if using.
- In a large bowl, toss the veggies with the bread.
- Pour one cup in the stuffing, then toss. Then pour the next cup. For a wetter stuffing, add the third cup.
- Put in a baking dish, add pats of butter on top and bake on 400 for about 30-35 minutes.