Every single time I’m in Whole Foods I am forced to walk by the damn fruit parfaits. They’re right by the kombucha so I really can’t avoid it. Those delicious looking, soybean oil and sugar laden fruit parfaits.
I’m not big on sweets, but something about fruit parfaits really does it for me. Fresh fruit on top of vanilla pudding? Amazing. I also think it’s hilarious that McDonald’s convinced people that fruit parfaits are an acceptable breakfast meal. I mean, mine is because it’s actually really healthy. But adding fruit to an otherwise unhealthy dessert does not a breakfast make.
Unless you’re making my fruit parfait. Then you can get away with it.
- 1 can coconut milk (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (use raw, organic honey, like THIS one)
- 1 tsp gelatin (THIS type of gelatin only)
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla (I like THIS one)
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (THIS is a great maple syrup)
- Combine the gelatin with the hot water and let it gel, this takes a minute or two.
- Heat the coconut milk, vanilla and honey over medium heat.
- Add the gelatin and stir to combine.
- Add to glasses or a bowl, and chill in the fridge for about three hours.
- While that’s chilling, toss the blueberries and strawberries with maple syrup.
- When you’re ready to eat, just add the fruit on top and serve.