I love dips. There’s something about setting out dips, homemade bread, olives, raw cheese and cured meats that makes me feel very European, and I’m into that. Even though I’ve only been to Europe once.
Also, I’d just like to say that I’m so excited for the farmers market to come back next month. My favorite farmer has amazing, gigantic, organic eggplants. Only one more month until that awesome market is back in my life!
And eggplants are super healthy. Eggplants contain:
- vitamin C
- beta carotene
- vitamin B6
This dip is super easy to make and goes over well at parties.
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 head of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus a lil’ more for drizzling)
- 1 tbsp cumin
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- optional: paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Arrange the cubed eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
- Add the whole head of garlic to the pan, you don’t need to peel it or anything.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Peel out the garlic cloves and add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Top with a drizzle of olive oil and paprika.
- Serve with your favorite grain-free bread. I like the recipe from Gather (found HERE).