When thinking of what I’d name this post, the first thing that popped into my head was “HOLLER FOR HOLLANDAISE.” Easy immersion blender hollandaise is probably more appropriate.
I’m kind of in love with my new immersion blender. You can make homemade mayo in 20 seconds, and you don’t have to strain your arm slowly pouring olive oil into a blender, hoping that the mayo will thicken (and it rarely does for me). The immersion blender ensures perfect mayo every time. You can also really easily make hollandaise with it.
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter
- juice of half a lemon
- Separate the egg whites from egg yolks and add to a large, tall cup. If you order this immersion blender, they’ll send you a cup like this.
- Add the salt and lemon.
- Melt the butter over very low heat.
- Once melted, turn on the immersion blender and whip the egg yolks.
- VERY slowly add in the butter while the immersion blender is on.
- It will start to thicken.
- That’s it. Take like, 30 seconds and is so easy. Really easy to clean up too.