I’ve been craving chili like a madwoman for two weeks now, and only recently finally pulled all the ingredients together to make it. I was going to throw all the ingredients in my crock pot and let them simmer for a few hours, which is easy and you can definitely do. But I wanted to eat it as soon as possible, so I just simmered it on the stovetop.
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- one bell pepper, chopped
- one onion, diced
- one can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp chili
- 1 tsp chipotle powder (I like a smoky chili)
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp cayenne (for spicy chili)
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tbsp butter
- Sautee the olive oil, onion, pepper and garlic over medium heat until soft.
- Add the beef, breaking it apart and browning it a bit.
- Once browned a bit but not fully cooked, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Let it simmer until the broth has evaporated, about 45 minutes.
- Top with butter and mix in. I just love butter.
- Top with grass-fed cheddar and fresh jalapeno. Avocado would be good too.