For one of Scott’s Christmas gifts, I got us a weekend away in Easton, MD for New Years Eve weekend. It’s a cute little Chesapeake Bay town with lots of seafood, antiques and quaint everything. Our hotel was gorgeous.
And they had an awesome restaurant with a heated outdoor patio. Which was great because I got to drink champagne outside in December without freezing to death.
We walked around, hung out and checked out some great restaurants.
One of which was Mason’s, a local farm to table restaurant with an emphasis on local seafood as well. I got a white fish (forget which kind exactly) on top of creamy artichoke, leek and tomato side dish that was amazing. I’ve been fantasizing about it inappropriately for almost a month now like a weirdo. So I recreated it for you guys. It’s crazy simple, super healthy and insanely delicious.
- 12 oz artichoke hearts (I used frozen)
- 2 medium sized leeks, washed and sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup homemade chicken broth
- 1/2 cup raw milk or coconut cream (for strict paleo option)
- Heat pan to medium heat.
- Sautee the leeks in butter until soft.
- Add the artichoke hearts and chicken broth, it's okay if they're frozen.
- Cook the broth down and soften the artichokes.
- Add the tomatoes and raw milk or coconut cream.
- Cook until tomatoes are softened and the milk or cream has cooked down.