Liver is the most nutritious food on earth. It is packed with vitamins. If you’re one of those people that is afraid of eating liver, I have goods news: it’s not disgusting. I used to be so grossed out by the thought of eating liver, but now I literally crave it (which is my body’s way of telling me I need it). I buy a really tasty pate from Dean and Deluca (which is super pricey) and I think this version is just as good. Just try it. It taste like Thanksgiving.
- 2 cups chicken livers
- half a large onion or a whole small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup raw cream
- 1 tsp thyme
- dash of rosemary (some people like more, some like less, I like less)
- salt and peppa to taste
- Saute the onion in 2 tbsp of butter until soft. Add the garlic and give it a stir.
- Add the chicken livers and cook until browned on the outside but still a bit pink on the inside.
- Then, combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend or puree until smooth.
Serve on grain free crackers, with carrots or on cucumbers. It is literally a multivitamin!