These muffins were inspired by the very popular bananas foster dessert. Have you had it? It’s made of caramelized bananas and vanilla ice cream and it’s amazing. I thought it would taste really good to make a bananas foster inspired muffin (…maybe I should have called these Bananas Foster Muffins now that I think about it). It’s less dry than a typical muffin because truth be told, I hate dry muffins. They were a hit in my house.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey (more for a sweeter muffin) + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Slice the bananas while you melt 2 tbsp of butter over medium to medium high heat.
- Sautee the banana slices until caramelized on both sides, make sure they’re a bit brown.
- Set the bananas aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of honey. Let it brown a bit while you continually stir. This adds even more of a caramel flavor.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add to 10 muffin tins (depending on how big you like your muffins).
- Bake on 350 for about 25 minutes.
You will look like this after you eat one: