Every Sunday, I make a big batch of these breakfast potatoes to eat throughout the week. They taste amazing and they’re super healthy. You could use a white potato (don’t believe the hype that they’re horrible for you) but I usually use a white sweet potato. I also use a green pepper and an onion so this these breakfast potatoes are packed with veggies.
Alternatively, you could bake them. Which is actually easier, but you have to check on the periodically and give them a toss to make sure they’re browning/cooking evenly. If you’d prefer to bake this, bake on 400 for about 20-30 minutes, turning the veggies every ten minutes or so.
- 1 large white sweet potato, peeled and diced into cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat avocado oil over medium to medium high heat.
- Add the potatoes and let them sit until they get crispy on one side before turning.
- Once they get crispy on a few sides, usually this takes about ten minutes, add the onion and green pepper.
- Saute until soft.
- Add the garlic, jalapeno, salt and pepper. Cook just until the garlic is done.