I recently saw a recipe for a “healthy” banana carrot cake. Unfortunately, the ingredients consisted of wheat, sugar, canola oil and low-fat cream cheese. Somehow this was being classified as healthy. This ain’t the 80s! Low-fat does not equate to health!
So I decided to make my own. And thank God I got a picture of it, because immediately after I set it down on my counter, my cat did this:
Thanks, Sadie. You’re a pal.
Banana Carrot Cake Ingredients:
- 1 banana
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups almond flour (I use THIS almond flour)
- 1/3 cup honey (find organic, raw honey HERE)
- 1 tbsp vanilla (I like THIS brand)
- 1 tsp almond flavoring (optional, I like THIS brand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix until smooth.
- Bake in a meatloaf pan for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.