This is a recipe from my upcoming Kindle book on how and what to eat for healthy skin, beautiful hair and radiant health. It’s not about giving up desserts or your favorite foods, it’s just about making them healthier. Also, the book is only going to be $2.99 so that everyone can afford it. If you don’t buy it, our friendship is over. Sign up for my newsletter to find out when the book is released!
I’ve always loved this blueberry pie from a nearby restaurant when I was growing up. It was loaded with sugar and inorganic dairy, and a gluten-filled crust to top it off. So when I saw blueberries at the farmers market, I jumped on the chance to make a healthier version. And ya know what?
It was pretty damn good.
- Combine the dates and almond flour in a food processor until dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly onto the bottom of a pie dish.
- 1 can of coconut milk (I use THIS brand)
- 1/4 cup raw honey (if you can’t find raw honey, you can buy it HERE)
- 1.5 cup blueberries
- 1 tbsp gelatin (only use THIS brand)
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Heat all of the ingredients over medium heat, except the gelatin.
- Create a slurry with the gelatin by adding it to two tbsp of warm coconut milk mixture – then add it back in.
- Pour over the crust and refrigerate for at least two hours.