I’ve mentioned before that Scott is a vegetarian. When we first started dating he was a vegan. It was seriously challenging to feed that man. Since then I like to think that I’ve upped my vegetarian cooking game. I am constantly trying to come up with vegetarian recipes that are unprocessed, free of grains and legumes and yet still full of healthy fats and proteins. It ain’t easy but I get it done.
- 3 tbsp grass-fed butter or expeller pressed coconut oil
- 2 cups frozen spinach (or 4 cups fresh spinach)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large jalapeno, sliced
- 1 can of organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- optional: 1/2 cup grated cheese (I used Kerrygold cheddar)
- Melt the fat over medium high heat.
- Add the spinach, onion, jalapeno, pepper and tomato sauce.
- Add the spices.
- Sautee for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and give it a stir.
- Crack in the eggs and cover for four minutes.
- Top with cheese if you want.